This initial consultation is your first step in retaining an attorney. Please be prepared to discuss the following areas:
- If you are currently in the process of a case, I will want to know what has taken place in your case.
- The dates and times of any pending hearings.
In most marital dissolution cases, the following issues are common and need to be resolved:
- When you have children under the age of 18, the issues of Custody, Visitation and Child Support will need to be discussed. I would like to know your desired outcome of these issues.
- The significant assets that both you and your spouse own will need to be discussed. I would like to know your desired outcome regarding each item.
- The issue of spousal support generally becomes an issue when one spouse has a lower income. I would like to know the monthly gross income of each spouse, and what is your desired outcome regarding this issue.
- If there are any allegations of emotional or physical abuse, and are if there any issues of substance abuse including alcohol, prescription drugs and illegal drugs. I would like to discuss the extent of these problems, and your desired outcome of these issues.
During this initial consultation, feel free to inquire about my knowledge, experience and abilities in handling family law matters. Please also refer to my profile on this website for more information.
The use of the Internet for initial communication with this firm will not establish an attorney- client relationship. Messages containing confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent using this form.
For the office location, please view MAP.